The APEC Business Travel Card – Who, What, When?
For frequent business travellers, expedient visa processing and ease of travel is critical to the success of international trade and investment endeavours.
The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card (ABTC) Scheme simplifies short-term travel for business travellers within the APEC region. Card holderswill no longer have to apply for multiple short-term entry visas to fully participating APEC economies.
The ABTC gives travellers:
- Fast-track entry, immigration processing and exit through specially allocated APEC lanes at major international airports in fully participating economies; and
- Multiple, short-term entries to precleared APEC economies without having to make a separate visa application to fully participating members.
To be eligible to apply for an ABTC you must:
- Hold a valid passport from an APEC economy (or be a permanent resident of Hong Kong holding a Hong Kong permanent identity card); and
- Engage in regular business travel throughout the APEC region; and
- Have no criminal conviction
Senior government officials and officials actively engaged in APEC business may also be eligible for an ABTC. Each economy may also impose additional eligibility requirements at their discretion.
Hammond Taylor can assist you through the entire ABTC application process. Contact Hammond Taylor for a consultation today.