SkillSelect – Australia’s skilled independent visa program allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
Skilled visas can be one of the quickest ways to obtain permanent residency in Australia.
The Australian Skilled Visa program operates through the Department of Home Affair’s online ‘SkillSelect‘ service. SkillSelect is a points-based immigration system designed to choose the best and brightest for migration to Australia.
SkillSelect covers three separate visa subclasses:
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa
- Skilled State or Territory Sponsored Subclass 190 visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa
The SkillSelect program is a complex multi-stage process requiring a detailed understanding of the requirements and processes involved. Hammond Taylor offer the full range of services, from assessing your eligibility for a skilled visa to ensuring each stage of the process runs as smoothly and within as short a time as possible.
Our services include assessing your eligibility for and assisting with:
- the Skills Assessment process (including applications to Trades Recognition Australia, VETASSESS, Engineers Australia, the Australian Computer Society, or other relevant skills assessing body);
- applications for State Nominations;
- the Expression of Interest process;
- the visa application process;
- liaising with the Department should any issues arise.
If you are not eligible for the SkillSelect program, we will recommend other visa pathways, such as Employer Sponsored, Family, or Student visas, which may be suitable depending on your circumstances.