Subclass 124/858 – Distinguished Talent Visa
Distinguished Talent visas are available to individuals with an outstanding record of global achievement. A very limited number of visas are granted each year for those with an exceptional level of achievement in their field of expertise.
Requirements and Benefits
Unlike most other permanent residence visa options, this stream does not require a separate sponsorship application from a business/person or nomination from an Australian State government. Instead, support is generally obtained from a relevant Australian professional or peak body which must endorse and verify your exceptional achievement in the field.
The general requirements for the visa are:
- Internationally recognised record of achievement in your field
- Benefit to the Australian community (a higher ‘exceptional benefit´ threshold is necessary if aged over 55 years
- Endorsement from an Australian organisation or peak body in your field or profession
- Ability to establish yourself in Australia financially such as through employment prospects, or business ventures
The threshold for the level of achievement in your field and the benefit you would confer on Australia is quite high, however, once those requirements are met, this visa has significant advantages over other pathways including the lack of sponsor requirement, and relaxed language and age requirements.
How we can help
Hammond Taylor can assist with the full process of the Distinguished Talent visa including:
- Identifying and contacting the relevant organisation to nominate you
- Preparing the evidence and documentation necessary to show the required level of achievement
- The visa application process from preparation and lodgement through to decision
If you are a globally recognised expert in your field and you wish to live and reside in Australia on a permanent basis, then the Distinguished Talent visa may be the most suitable option.