The Global Talent Independent (GTI) Program
The Global Talent Visa Program (also known as the Global Talent Independent Program) aims to attract highly talented individuals working or studying in select future-focused sectors to Australia. Successful applicants are given Australian permanent residence through a Global Talent Visa.
Applicants interested in applying through the Global Talent Visa Program must submit an expression of interest to the Department of Home Affairs. Once invited to apply for the Global Talent Visa a unique identifier is given to fast-track their application for approval.
Need expert help with your GTI application?
Complete the form below and a team member will be in touch shortly!
What are the benefits of the Global Talent Visa Program?
With 15,000 places allocated to this program this pathway is our preferred approach for highly talented individuals as applications:
- Receive priority processing within the Department of Home Affairs;
- Are not points tested/rely on State Sponsorship;
- Does not require a skill assessment;
- Only require functional English. This can be waived with the payment of a Second Visa Application Charge
- Have access to the waivable health criteria
Am I eligible for the Global Talent Visa Program?
To be eligible for the Global Talent Visa Program you must:
- Have an international record of exceptional talent and still be prominent in your field
- PHD student who has completed their studies in the last 3 years, or are in their final 6 months of submitting their thesis
You must also:
- be working/have recently completed studying in one of the following fields:
- Agri-food and AgTech;
- Health industries;
- Defence, advanced manufacturing and space;
- Circular economy;
- Infrastructure and tourism;
- Financial services and FinTech;
- Earn or are capable of earning at least AUD$153,600
- Have a nationally recognised Australian citizen, permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen or company in the same field as you nominate you.*
- For professionals provide evidence of your an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in your field
*The Australian Computer Society (ACS) has recently confirmed it will act as nominator for talented ICT professionals.
How Hammond Taylor Can Assist
We are able to assist with all stages of the GTI Program application through to approval of your Distinguished Talent Visa. In particular, we specialise in helping to:
- Choose your nominator from your professional contacts;
- Liaise with your nominator to explain their role in the process and help draft their nominator for your application.
- Present your achievements/academic credentials in a way that maximises your chances of being invited to apply for this visa.
Like to know more? Complete the form above and a Hammond Taylor team member will be in touch shortly!
About Hammond Taylor
Hammond Taylor has many years of experience supporting individuals and employers with the Employer-Sponsored Visas, such as the Subclass 482 Visa, as well as assisting corporates and multinationals in the Global Talent Visa Program.