- Corporate Immigration
- Workplace Services
Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa – Subclass 400
The Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa is geared towards applicants seeking to perform highly specialised, short-term, non-ongoing work in Australia. It is suitable for situations where the specialised skills, knowledge, or experience are not generally available in the Australian market.
It is important to note that the entertainment industry and associated activities such as performing are not covered by this visa (see 408 Activity visa).
- Visa application only required; sponsorship and nomination not necessary.
- Eligible family members can also be included in the application/visa.
- Responsive processing time from 14-21 days in most circumstances.*
- A temporary stay of up to 3 months, or 6 months in limited circumstances, to cover certain project timeframes. **
- Allows for multiple entry options where appropriate.
- The work must be non-ongoing (likely to be completed within 6 months).
- You must not expect or arrange to stay in Australia after this time for any reason related to the work. If so, an alternative visa should be sought.
- Your employer must provide a contract or letter of offer.
- Both Australian and international employers will most likely need to show attempts to find suitable Australian workers; the visa will not be granted where it affects employment or training opportunities for Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- You must demonstrate such specialised skills, knowledge, and experience, mostly through:
- An updated CV/resume;
- Relevant licenses and qualifications
- A letter from employer
How we can help
Hammond Taylor can assist with a wide range of employment focused visa matters. We assist firms and individuals, both domestic and international, in bringing in specialised skills to Australia for projects and deals. We understand that business efficacy requires fast, efficient service and we’re here to help you identify the most suitable work visa options.
We can assist with a full-service approach, covering matters including:
- Preparation and lodgement of the visa application and related documents;
- Advice on business/employer compliance and alternatives; and
- Streamlining procedure where multiple specialists will be required.
*While eligible family members can be brought to Australia, are not allowed to be employed here. They can, however, complete a language training program.
** These processing times are approximate and are subject to variation.